Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:55:28 +0100, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> Actually, there's plenty of apps etc that depend on it. I know some
> distro's install it into /usr/share/dvb for all to use. I think actually
> only a very small handfull use their own scanfiles. Very small handfull
> I belive ;)

Indeed. I have just gone to file an Intent To Package bug for the
dtv-scan-tables package in Debian, but I noticed that the COPYING and
README files were not split out from the dvb-apps tree.

Logically it would follow that dtv-scan-tables is also licenced under
LGPL, the same as dvb-apps, but this needs to be stated explicitly.
This is especially true for distributions which be redistributing
dtv-scan-tables.

Thanks,
Jon