Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On 01/10/2013 06:40 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
> On 1/9/13, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Em Wed, 9 Jan 2013 06:08:44 -0500
>> Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

>>> As a DVB maintainer, I am OK with this as well - It does indeed make
>>> sense to separate the c code sources from the regional frequency
>>> tables, and I'm sure we'll see much benefit from this change.
>>
>> Done. I created a tree for Oliver to maintain it and an account for him.
>> I also created a new tree with just the DVB table commits to:
>> 	http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git
>>
>> I kept there both szap and scan files, although maybe it makes sense to
>> drop the szap table (channels-conf dir). It also makes sense to drop the
>> tables from the dvb-apps tree, to avoid duplicated stuff, and to avoid
>
> Being one of the maintainers:
>
> I will keep the tables in the dvb-apps tree for the time being.

That does not make sense at all -- why? Duplicated stuff always hurts.

> Will decide to
> drop the config files as needed from dvb-apps. It is necessary to keep a
> copy of the config files for development purposes, rather than pulling from
> different trees.

What development purposes, could you be more specific? You can still use
git submodules if really needed. But as it stands I do not see a reason
for that at all...

regards,
--
js