Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

Em Wed, 9 Jan 2013 06:08:44 -0500
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Em Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:43:23 +0100
> > Oliver Schinagl <oliver+list@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> >> Mauro is CC'ed and I'd ask of course for this (I kinda did) but who
> >> decides what I suggested is a good idea? I personally obviously think it
> >> is ;) and even more so if dvb-apps are unmaintained.
> >>
> >> I guess the question now becomes 'who okay's this change? Who says
> >> 'okay, lets do it this way. Once that is answered we can go from there ;)
> >
> > If I understood it right, you want to split the scan files into a separate
> > git tree and maintain it, right?
> >
> > I'm ok with that.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mauro
>
> As a DVB maintainer, I am OK with this as well - It does indeed make
> sense to separate the c code sources from the regional frequency
> tables, and I'm sure we'll see much benefit from this change.

Done. I created a tree for Oliver to maintain it and an account for him.
I also created a new tree with just the DVB table commits to:
	http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git

I kept there both szap and scan files, although maybe it makes sense to
drop the szap table (channels-conf dir). It also makes sense to drop the
tables from the dvb-apps tree, to avoid duplicated stuff, and to avoid troubles
on distros that may want to have both packages.

Anyway, as Oliver has now access to both trees, I'll let him to handle
and maintain it.

Christoph,

Thank you for all the hard work over all those years!

Happy new year,
Mauro