Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On 01/10/13 21:42, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 01/10/2013 09:41 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 01/10/2013 09:38 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
The format can be definitely changed. There's no issue to it.

No you cannot. Applications depend on that, it's part of the dvb ABI. If
you changed that, you would do the same mistake as Mauro let it flowing
through his tree and it was pointed out by Linus in the link you sent...

Id you provide an abstraction library, convert all applications to use
that instead of the files, you can change them then. Not any time before.

Well isn't the scan tables list a database of sorts? It contains the transponder settings for all public accessible transponders. Or should anyway.

The format, for now, suffices I'd think. Also, you already convert it sort of. You use dvbscan or whatever scan, to take those files and create channels.conf or what not from it (and search for extra transponders, but having _all_ transponders in the repository would be overkill though I think we do that for dvb-T?

So in a sense, it exists as that already :)