Re: Support for RC-6 in em28xx driver?

2012/1/5 Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2012/1/5 Simon Søndergaard <john7doe@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> The 2874 supports NEC, RC-5, and RC-6/6A.  I did the original support
>>> (based on the docs provided under NDA) but ironically enough I didn't
>>> have an RC6 remote kicking around so I didn't do the support for it.
>>>
>>> IR receivers for MCE devices are dirt cheap (< $20), and if you're
>>> doing a media center then it's likely the PCTV 290e probably isn't in
>>> line-of-site for a remote anyway.
>>
>> The 290e will be in line of sight.
>>
>> Perhaps the info is already there, not sure why I overlooked it in the
>> first place:
>>
>> EM2874_IR_RC6_MODE_0    0x08
>> EM2874_IR_RC6_MODE_6A 0x0b
>
> Ah, so I guess I did put at least some of the info into the driver.
> Also, for RC6 make sure bits 0-1 are 00 and for RC6A they need to be
> set based on the number of bytes expected to be received (2 bytes=00,
> 3bytes=01, 4bytes=10).  The received data gets stored in 0x52-0x55 (I
> don't remember if the driver actually looks are 0x54/55 currently
> since they aren't used for NEC or RC5)..

The driver already reads up to 0x55.

Do you mean bits 0-1 of EM2874_R50_IR_CONFIG? The Driver code and the
defines above is in LSB 0 syntax, so bit 0-1 would overlap with the
0x0b value... Regardless I tried using 0x8b, 0x4b, 0x0b, 0x0a and 0x09
as the value for EM2874_R50_IR_CONFIG, but I never observed any
changes to EM2874_R51_IR :-(

I'm assuming that read count should still be read from EM2874_R51_IR
regardless of the mode

Br,
/Simon