Re: Support for RC-6 in em28xx driver?

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Devin Heitmueller
> <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yes, it can.  Like almost every IR receiver provided by the linux
>> media subsystem, the 290e is configured with the keymap of the
>> pinnacle remote *by default*.  There are userland tools (e.g.
>> ir-keytable) which allow you to load keymaps in for other remotes.
>
> I should clarify my previous statement by saying that the support for
> other remotes is constrained by what the hardware supports.  If the IR
> receiver hardware only supports RC5 and NEC, then you can't use an RC6
> remote with it.
>
> But to your point, I actually used my Hauppauge remote when I
> originally wrote the em2874 IR support (and only at the end
> reconfigured it to use the PCTV remote).
>
> Devin

Chris,

If the driver supported RC6 out of the box, the I should be able to
use the hp remote on my mythbuntu machine:

sudo ir-keytable -p rc-6 -c -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

/etc/rc_maps.cfg could be updated to make the choice permanent

Br,
/Simon