Re: Support for RC-6 in em28xx driver?

2012/1/5 Simon Søndergaard <john7doe@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a PCTV 290e USB Stick (em28174) it comes with a
> remote almost as small as the stick itself... I've been able to get
> both stick and remote to work. I also own an MCE media center remote
> from HP (this make
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Win7-PC-MCE-Media-Center-HP-Remote-Controller-/170594956920)
> that sends RC-6 codes. While it do have a windows logo I still think
> it is vastly superior to the one that shipped with the stick :-)
>
> If I understand it correctly em28174 is a derivative of em2874?
>
> In em28xx-input.c it is stated that: "em2874 supports more protocols.
> For now, let's just announce the two protocols that were already
> tested"
>
> I've been searching high and low for a datasheet for em28(1)74, but
> have been unable to find it online. Do anyone know if one of the
> protocols supported is RC-6? and if so how do I get a copy of the
> datasheet?

The 2874 supports NEC, RC-5, and RC-6/6A.  I did the original support
(based on the docs provided under NDA) but ironically enough I didn't
have an RC6 remote kicking around so I didn't do the support for it.

IR receivers for MCE devices are dirt cheap (< $20), and if you're
doing a media center then it's likely the PCTV 290e probably isn't in
line-of-site for a remote anyway.  That said, if you still really want
to see it supported I can probably find a couple of hours to do it (or
walk Mauro through the register differences if he cares to).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com