Re: Unable to capture adv7280-m on i.MX6Q

Hi Fabio,

On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 23:34 -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 4:09 AM Philipp Zabel <p.zabel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The i.MX6 CSI-2 RX needs to see the LP-11 low power state on the lanes
> > during streamon (before it calls the ADV7280-M s_stream(1)). That's
> > where the LP-11 timeout error occurs.
> >
> > According to the ADV7280(-M) datasheet, "after the ADV7280-M is
> > programmed, the clock lanes exit low power mode and remain in high speed
> > mode until the part is reset or powered down."
> > So it appears the ADV7280-M has to be freshly powered on in s_power(1)
>
> What do you mean by freshly powered on?

That the ADV7280-M is in the state before "the clock lanes exit low
power mode" due to being "programmed". Basically I was hoping that after
the initial reset sequence, and after power on, before the CSI-2
registers are written, the clock lanes are in LP-11 state (and stay
there until then).
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case below ...

> > for this to work. Is the ADV7280-M powerdown GPIO connected properly on
> > your board? Moving the CSI-2 configuration from s_power to s_stream was
> > exactly the right thing to do in my mind.
> >
> > Just as a test, if you remove the CSI-2 register writes from either
> > s_power and s_stream from the adv7180 driver completely, do you still
> > run into the LP-11 timeout? If the CSI-2 TX never leaves the low power
> > state, I would expect seeing the clock lane timeout instead
>
> If I do this test, the first time I run the pipeline I get LP-11, the
> second time I get clock lane timeout.

... at least the first time.

So now I wonder what happens between the first and second time (in
s_stream? in s_power(0)?) that does put the lanes into LP-11 from
whatever state they were in before. When you get the clock lane timeout,
is phy_state = 0x610? Does it stay there when you repeat this again?

regards
Philipp