Re: cx18: "missing audio" for analog recordings

On 17/04/10 12:43 AM, Andy Walls wrote:
I had to disassemble and study some of the microcontorller firmware, and
then reread some documents, to figure out how all the audio detection
"resets" must work.

I've just pushed some microcontroller reset related changes to the
cx18-audio2 repo.  Please test and see if things are better or worse.
..

Mmm.. something is not right -- the audio is failing constantly with that change.
Perhaps if I could dump out the registers, we might see what is wrong.

I also tried:
     v4l2-dbg -d /dev/video1 -c type=host,chip=1 --list-registers=min=0x800,max=0x9ff
but that fails to read any of the registers (ioctl: VIDIOC_DBG_G_REGISTER failed for 0xXXX).

I think I'll patch the driver to dump them for us.

Thank-you for your work on this.  There are many of us here  hoping
that we can figure out and fix whatever is wrong with our cards.

Cheers
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.