Re: cx18: "missing audio" for analog recordings

On 11/04/10 07:47 AM, Andy Walls wrote:
On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 00:56 -0400, Andy Walls wrote:
Try this:

	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx18-audio2

this waits 1.5 seconds after an input/channel change to see if the audio
standard micrcontroller can detect the standard.  If it can't, the
driver tells it to try a fallback detection.  Right now, only the NTSC-M
fallback detection is set to force a mode (i.e. BTSC), all the others
"fall back" to their same auto-detection.

Some annoyances with the fallback to a forced audio standard, mode, and
format:

1. Static gets unmuted on stations with no signal. :(

2. I can't seem to force mode "MONO2 (LANGUAGE B)".  I'm guessing the
microcontroller keeps setting it back down to "MONO1 (LANGUAGE A/Mono L
+R channel for BTSC, EIAJ, A2)"  Feel free to experiment with the LSB of
the fallback setting magic number (0x1101) in
cx18-av-core.c:input_change().

I fixed #2.  I had a bug so the first patch didn't properly set the
fallback audio mode.

I still need to fixup cx18_av_s_tuner() and cx18_av_g_tuner() to take
into consideration that we might be using a forced audio mode vs. auto
detection.  However, that is not essential for testing; this should be
good enough for testing.
..

Those new patches don't want to coexist with the earlier hard/soft reset
changes.  There's always a chance that *both* things might be needed,
and the reset stuff didn't look obviously "bad".  Why dropped?

Thanks
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.