Re: cx18: "missing audio" for analog recordings

On 13/04/10 06:35 AM, Andy Walls wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 22:34 -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
..
As soon as I quit from LiveTV, the next recording still needed
a new fallback.  So the chip is still in some weird state where
auto-audio will continue to fail until I reload the module.
..
The *only* other thing I can think of, that I have control over, is the
PLL charge pump current in the analog tuner.  Right now it is set to low
current to minimize phase noise when tuned to a channel.  Perhaps
setting the PLL charge pump to high current while chaning the channel to
get a faster lock, and low current after a short time, will help get a
good SIF output from the analog tuner assembly sooner.  Perhaps when I
have time....
..

What's weird, is that things work most of the time.
But as soon as one fallback is needed, the chip then fails
continuously afterward, requiring fallback after fallback.
Until the driver is reloaded.

So to me, that suggests that perhaps some register has gotten corrupted,
or some part of the chip has gone wanky.

Perhaps if the driver could re-init more of the chip when tuning,
which might correct whatever bits/state happen to need fixing?

I might have a look later, and see if there are any obvious registers
that perhaps I could have it dump out prior to doing the fallback,
and then compare that state with a "good" tuning state.  Or something.

Cheers
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.