Re: [ANNOUNCE] git tree repositories & libv4l

Hi all,

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
I know that was mentioned then, but re-thinking this, as this will all
be Linux specific, I don't really see a need for autotools atm, and as
I personally find autotools a bit overcomplicated. I would like to try
just using plain Makefiles for now. If it turns out this does not work
we can always switch to autotools later.

I suspect it won't work fine. There are some library dependencies at
utils/contrib, like libsysfs and libqt stuff. The build system should or
refuse to compile or disable some of those tools if the dependencies are
missing.

Have a look at cmake: cmake.org . It is extremely powerful in terms of external-library--detection, it can do QT natively and all other things around library generation and dependencies.

Cmake has become my favorite build-tool for user-space development.

Just my 2cts.

--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com/