Re: [ANNOUNCE] git tree repositories & libv4l

Hi,

On 02/22/2010 11:54 PM, Brandon Philips wrote:
On 18:24 Sat 23 Jan 2010, Hans de Goede wrote:
lib/
	libv4l1/
	libv4l2/
	libv4lconvert/
utils/
	v4l2-dbg
	v4l2-ctl
	cx18-ctl
	ivtv-ctl
contrib/
	test/
	everything else

   git clone git://ifup.org/philips/create-v4l-utils.git
   cd create-v4l-utils/
   ./convert.sh

You should now have v4l-utils.git which should have this directory
struture. If we need to move other things around let me know and I can
tweak name-filter.sh

Ok, so this will give me a local tree, how do I get this onto linuxtv.org ?

Also I need someone to pull:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/libv4l

(this only contains libv4l commits)

Into the:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

Repository, I guess I can ask this directly to Douglas?

Thoughts?

I've one question, I think we want to do tarbal releases
from this new repo (just like I've been doing with libv4l for a while
already), and then want distro's to pick up these releases, right ?

Are we going to do separate tarbals for the lib and utils directories,
or one combined tarbal. I personally vote for one combined tarbal.

But this means we will be inflicting some pains on distro's because their
libv4l packages will go away and be replaced by a new v4l-utils package.
This is something distro's should be able to handle (it happens more often, and I
know Fedora has procedures for this).

An alternative would be to name the repo and the tarbals libv4l, either is fine
with me (although I'm one of the distro packagers who is going to feel the pain
of a package rename and as such wouldn't mind using libv4l as name for the
repo and the new tarbals).

Regards,

Hans