Re: [ANNOUNCE] git tree repositories & libv4l

Hi,

On 02/24/2010 07:05 AM, Brandon Philips wrote:
On 16:51 Tue 23 Feb 2010, Hans de Goede wrote:
On 02/23/2010 04:37 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

Ok, so this will give me a local tree, how do I get this onto
linuxtv.org ?

I added it. In thesis, it is open for commit to you, me, hverkuil
and dougsland.

I see good, thanks! Can someone (Douglas ?) with better hg / git
powers then me please somehow import all the libv4l changes from:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/libv4l

Once that is done I'll retire my own tree, and move all my userspace
work to the git tree.

For starters I plan to create / modify Makefiles so that everything
will build out of the box, and has proper make install targets which
can be used by distro's

So:
-proper honoring of CFLAGS
-work with standard (and possibly somewhat older kernel headers)
-honor DESTDIR, PREFIX and LIBDIR when doing make install

Do you still want me to convert to autoconf? I was still planning on
doing that. We discussed it a month ago when this conversation
started.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/15009

I know that was mentioned then, but re-thinking this, as this will all
be Linux specific, I don't really see a need for autotools atm, and as
I personally find autotools a bit overcomplicated. I would like to try
just using plain Makefiles for now. If it turns out this does not work
we can always switch to autotools later.

Thanks for the offer though!

Regards,

Hans