Re: Latest stack that can be merged on top of linux-next tree

Hi

2009/12/11 Karicheri, Muralidharan <m-karicheri2@xxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the response. One more question that I have is if
> the devices on the two buses can use the same i2c address.
> That is the case for my board. So wondering if this works as
> well.

That is IMHO exactly reason of existence such "expanders".
We, for example have two DVB-S2 tuners, using totally
same i2c addresses (for demod & pll).

If you are carefull and access such devices only using
those virtual i2c buses, then you not need to manage
switching between them at all. It is job for pca954x
driver. Simple and easy :)

/Honza