Re: Latest stack that can be merged on top of linux-next tree

Hi,

2009/12/10 Karicheri, Muralidharan <m-karicheri2@xxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the email.
>
> Any idea how i2c drivers can work with this?
>
> Currently in my board, I have adapter id = 1 for main i2c bus. So when this mux driver is built into the kernel, I guess I can access it using a different adapter id, right? If so, what is the adapter id?

Yes, exactly that is way of using - additional i2c buses were born when pca954x
started.

Daniel already described this in his mail:

"With these patches the bus segments beyond the i2c multiplexer will be
registered as separate i2c busses. Access to a device on those busses
will then automatically reconfigure the multiplexer."

Additional i2c buses (adapters) were counted from number +1 higher
then highest i2c bus number. If you main i2c bus is i2c-1, then you
you should find i2c-2,i2c-3,i2c-4,i2c-5 new buses after pca954x loading.

You can check that with i2cdetect tools.

> How do I use this with MT9T031 driver? Any idea to share?

I never had a look inside mt9t031 driver, but in general - you simply
point to some of that additional adaper by i2c_get_adapter(x)

Idea is very smart. You don't need to manage pca954x on your own.
Driver do it itself :)

/Honza