Re: Problems with Pinnacle 310i (saa7134) and recent kernels

Hi,

hermann pitton <hermann-pitton <at> arcor.de> writes:

> mplayer works on all my cards including the 310i for DVB-T and DVB-S
> since years. Guess you miss something or have a broken checkout.

I've just compiled another checkout, but it's the same.
With some channels I can see even something like this:

TS file format detected.
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 0 when reading 816 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 0 when reading 1736 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 0 when reading 1148 bytes

or like this:

dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 0 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes

But I can't see any video.
With Kaffeine I can see the same channels as well.

> Best is to add them to the wiki, else upload somewhere else or post off
> list.

Then I'm going to sign me up to the wiki.
Do you think it's better to create a "Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro PCI" page or to
add the photos to the 310i page?

> > saa7133[0]: i2c xfer: < 8e ERROR: NO_DEVICE
>
> Here is the problem. The supported cards do have the i2c chip at 0x47 or
> 0x8e in 8bit notation. Needs closer investigation.

If can be useful, I can attach the entire log.

> Cheers,
> Hermann

Thank you!