Re: Problems with Pinnacle 310i (saa7134) and recent kernels

Hi,

hermann pitton <hermann-pitton <at> arcor.de> writes:

> no, in this case I meant mplayer should work for you too.
> You need to have DVB support enabled and a channels.conf file in
> ~/.mplayer.

It's compiled with --enable-dvbhead, and the channels.conf is made by w_scan,
but I tried even with a made by scan one.

> We might collect pictures of the cards and remotes as well.
> To identify those card with an additional LNA circuitry is likely not
> easy hardware wise, since the tuner shielding is soldered with 16 pins,
> many close to lines. Maybe we can identify those boards by the card
> revision printed on them. Don't know how to auto detect them.

I will post some photos.

> > In the matter of the IR, the modules seems to be loaded:
> >
> > tda1004x               13048  1
> > saa7134_dvb            20772  0
> > videobuf_dvb            5644  1 saa7134_dvb
> > ir_kbd_i2c              5500  0
> > tda827x                 8880  2
> > tuner                  16960  1
> > saa7134               138436  1 saa7134_dvb
> > ir_common              41828  2 ir_kbd_i2c,saa7134
> > videobuf_dma_sg         9876  2 saa7134_dvb,saa7134
> > videobuf_core          13596  3 videobuf_dvb,saa7134,videobuf_dma_sg
> > tveeprom               10488  1 saa7134
> >
> > But I can't find anything in /proc/bus/input/devices.
>
> We might have more than the two supported remotes on such cards.
> After all that would not make me wonder anymore and the windows driver
> presents some more. Do you have that silver remote with colored buttons.
> There must be a device at 0x47 detected to support it.

Yes that is: http://www.hwp.ru/Tvtuners/Pinnaclehybridpro.pci
/Pinnaclepctvhybridpropci-1sm.jpg

> You might have to load ir-kbd-i2c at first or reload saa7134-alsa and
> saa7134-dvb, which includes saa7134.

I've unloaded all modules, then loaded first ir-kbd-i2c and next saa7134-dvb,
but I can't see any difference.

saa7133[0]: i2c xfer: < 8e ERROR: NO_DEVICE
saa7133[0]: i2c xfer: < e2 ERROR: NO_DEVICE
saa7133[0]: i2c xfer: < 5a ERROR: NO_DEVICE

> > > The only other issue I'm aware of is that radio is broken since guessed
> > > 8 weeks on my tuners, only realized when testing on enabling external
> > > active antenna voltage for DVB-T on a/some 310i.
> > >
> > > Might be anything, hm, hopefully I should not have caused it ;)
> >
> > The radio works for me, even if there's much noise (I don't usually use it).
> > I'm using the internal audio cable.
>
> The radio is broken for all tuners, you must be on older stuff.

Using 2.6.31 and mplayer it really works for me.

> I finally found the time to do the mercurial bisect today.
>
> It is broken since Hans' changeset 12429 on seventh August.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Thank you!