Re: KWorld ATSC 115 all static

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 17.01.2009, 17:20 +0100 schrieb Hans Verkuil:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 04:20:02 CityK wrote:
> > CityK wrote:
> > > If you had meant taking Hans' source and applying your "hack" patch
> > > to them, building and then proceeding with the modprobe steps, the
> > > answer is that I haven't tried yet. Will test -- might not be
> > > tonight though, as I have some other things that need attending
> > > too.
> >
> > Okay, I lied -- given that building is really a background process, I
> > found time ... i.e. I cleaned up in the kitchen while the system
> > compiled ... kneel before me world, as I am a master multi-tasker!

> > The "hack-fix" patch applies cleanly against Hans' sources. However,
> > the test results are negative -- the previous workaround ("modprobe
> > tuner -r and "modprobe tuner") fails to produce the desired result.
>
> If you try to run 'modprobe -r tuner' when the saa7134 module build from
> my sources is loaded, then that should not work since saa7134 increases
> the use-count of the tuner module preventing it from being unloaded.
>
> If you can do this, then that suggests that you are perhaps not using my
> modified driver at all.
>
> BTW, I've asked Mauro to pull from my tree
> (www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb) which contains the converted
> saa7134 and saa6752hs drivers. It's definitely something that needs to
> be done regardless.

Hans, Mauro has pulled them in already.

For my report for the old issue with the tda9987 not loaded for the
md7134 card=12 with eeprom tuner detection and all the types with
FMD1216ME MK3 hybrid subsumed there beside the older ones with analog
only tuners (CTX917/918/925triple/946mpeg/921cardbus), the users must
just unload the saa7134 and tuner modules and then load tda9887 and
tuner before the saa7134 for now.

> Regards,
>
> 	Hans
>
> > In fact, as similar to the results reported in the previous message,
> > performing such action produces no result in dmesg.

Cheers,
Hermann