Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2

Am Fri, 16 Jan 2009 02:47:50 -0200
schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> For usb devices, usb_make_path() provide a canonical name for the
> device. For PCI ones, we have pci_name() for the same function. in
> the case of pci devices, I suspect that all use pci_name(). We just
> need to use usb_make_path() at the usb ones.

I looked at the sources for what string gets generated for bus_info by
usb_make_path(). If it gets used by pvrusb2, my problems are solved,
because it is constant across standby-wake-up-cycles. The pvrusb2's
implementation currently delivers "usb 7-2 address 6" here. "address
6" corresponds to devnum which gets constantly increased, which results
in always changing strings here. Sorry for my unneccessary complaints.

Regards,
Carsten