Re: KWorld ATSC 115 all static

hermann pitton wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, den 17.01.2009, 17:20 +0100 schrieb Hans Verkuil:
On Friday 16 January 2009 04:20:02 CityK wrote:
CityK wrote:
If you had meant taking Hans' source and applying your "hack" patch
to them, building and then proceeding with the modprobe steps, the
answer is that I haven't tried yet. Will test -- might not be
tonight though, as I have some other things that need attending
too.
Okay, I lied -- given that building is really a background process, I
found time ... i.e. I cleaned up in the kitchen while the system
compiled ... kneel before me world, as I am a master multi-tasker!

Anyway, if the previous workaround works after Hans' changes, then
I think his changes should be merged -- even though it doesnt fix
ATSC115, it is indeed a step into the right direction.

If the ATSC115 hack-fix patch doesn't apply anymore, please let me
know -- I'll respin it.
The "hack-fix" patch applies cleanly against Hans' sources. However,
the test results are negative -- the previous workaround ("modprobe
tuner -r and "modprobe tuner") fails to produce the desired result.
If you try to run 'modprobe -r tuner' when the saa7134 module build from my sources is loaded, then that should not work since saa7134 increases the use-count of the tuner module preventing it from being unloaded.

If you can do this, then that suggests that you are perhaps not using my modified driver at all.

BTW, I've asked Mauro to pull from my tree (www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb) which contains the converted saa7134 and saa6752hs drivers. It's definitely something that needs to be done regardless.

Hans, Mauro has pulled them in already.

For my report for the old issue with the tda9987 not loaded for the
md7134 card=12 with eeprom tuner detection and all the types with
FMD1216ME MK3 hybrid subsumed there beside the older ones with analog
only tuners (CTX917/918/925triple/946mpeg/921cardbus), the users must
just unload the saa7134 and tuner modules and then load tda9887 and
tuner before the saa7134 for now.

That's not possible -- tda9887 is now a sub-module of tuner-core. tda9887, when modprobed alone, will not attach to any actual device without also having tuner.ko loaded in memory. tda9887 is a separate module, but its interface is currently only accessed via tuner-core (tuner.ko)

-Mike