Re: PROBLEM: Changing speed on ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th trackpoint causes "failed to enable mouse"

If X1C5 use alps, my patch will not be used. And this patch had been
verified on laptops with alps/elan sticks.

And on your laptop psmouse module already tried alps protocol, it failed
and fallback to PS/2.

My commit is to enable scroll mode with middle button and stick and
other trackpoint features.
Yes, like you said maybe you don't use these features, but other people
like to use.

I suggest you to use Ubuntu kernel that is built from mainline kernel
just for your convenience that you won't need to rebuild the kernel with
RMI4_SMB config enabled. *NOT* for you to always use.
Indeed I didn't know the evbug is enabled. Even for now I don't think
this kernel with evbug will hack or harm you system even I am not a
security guy.

Regards,
Aaron