Re: [Question: Drivers/input/evdev.c] What is the use of write function in evdev_fops?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On August 13, 2014 12:28:46 PM PDT, Aniroop Mathur <aniroop.mathur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
>><dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>buffer.
>>toggle

>>request

>>different.

>>entity

>>> You need to open 2 separate file descriptors.
>>>

>>2 separate file descriptors like below ?
>>int fd1 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
>>int fd2 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
>>
>>But my reading data will still come in struct input_event as mentioned
>>above.
>>It has only time, type, code and value.
>>So, how we can use bitmask here ?
>>
>>struct input_event {
>>struct timeval time;
>>__u16 type;
>>__u16 code;
>>__s32 value;
>> };
>
> By opening 2 fds you'll end up creating 2 separate input devices with separate evdev nodes, etc, so you will not mix up input events.
>
> I think at this time you should just try actually using uinput and that should clear things for you.

Can you please explain what do you mean by separate evdev nodes ?
Do you mean two separate evdev nodes for uinput ?
But as we discussed before, there is only one node in case of uinput
i.e. /dev/uinput.

Kindly elaborate more.

Thanks,
Aniroop