Re: [Question: Drivers/input/evdev.c] What is the use of write function in evdev_fops?

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:55:35AM +0530, Aniroop Mathur wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
> <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On August 13, 2014 12:28:46 PM PDT, Aniroop Mathur <aniroop.mathur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>buffer.
> >>toggle

> >>request

> >>different.

> >>entity

> >>2 separate file descriptors like below ?
> >>int fd1 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
> >>int fd2 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
> >>
> >>But my reading data will still come in struct input_event as mentioned
> >>above.
> >>It has only time, type, code and value.
> >>So, how we can use bitmask here ?
> >>
> >>struct input_event {
> >>struct timeval time;
> >>__u16 type;
> >>__u16 code;
> >>__s32 value;
> >> };
> >
> > By opening 2 fds you'll end up creating 2 separate input devices with separate evdev nodes, etc, so you will not mix up input events.
> >
> > I think at this time you should just try actually using uinput and that should clear things for you.
> >

> Can you please explain what do you mean by separate evdev nodes ?
> Do you mean two separate evdev nodes for uinput ?
> But as we discussed before, there is only one node in case of uinput
> i.e. /dev/uinput.

Uinput allows to creating input devices driven from userspace. You can
create as many separate input devices as you want by opening
/dev/uinput several times since it creates a device per file descriptor.
Each of these input devices will get evdev attached to it and will get
it's own /dev/input/eventX node created.

Really, please try using uinput, it will clear a lot if things for you.
For example, see what http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Evemu/ does.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry