Re: [Question: Drivers/input/evdev.c] What is the use of write function in evdev_fops?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On August 13, 2014 12:10:16 PM PDT, Aniroop Mathur <aniroop.mathur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
>><dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>subsystem.
>>subsystem,

>>simulator

>>Still,
>>keyboard LED.
>>device.

>>> Yes.

>>gyro events.

>>:)
>>better.
>>>
>>> Even though there is only one /dev/input/uinput every user (an entity
>>> opening that device node) will end up creating it's very own and
>>> separate input device, with separate bitmasks, events, etc, etc.
>>>

>>How to use bitmasks to distinguish between two events ?
>>In below code, I can only see type and code as
>>identification variables.
>>Can we use bitmask too here ?
>>
>>fd = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
>>

> You need to open 2 separate file descriptors.

2 separate file descriptors like below ?
int fd1 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);
int fd2 = open("/dev/uinput", O_RDWR);

But my reading data will still come in struct input_event as mentioned above.
It has only time, type, code and value.
So, how we can use bitmask here ?

struct input_event {
struct timeval time;