Re: New Force Feedback device support - GreenAsia 0x12

Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Łukasz Lubojański wrote:
>
>>> Could you please rebase your patch on top of current state of Linus'
>>> kernel tree for 2.6.28-rc? Then the code could be reviewed and I'll merge
>>> it through my tree.
>>> For inspiration, you can look into
>>>
>>> 	drivers/hid/hid-pl.c
>>>
>>> That driver even contains support for some Greenasia device ... (0x0003).
>> I have rewriten the code for 2.6.28-rc6 and after testing and checking
>> it with checkpatch I will send it again.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
>> Anyway I know that pantherlord code is also supporting greenasia devices
>> (first code was also mostly taken from that) - and I'm still don't know
>> if I'm dooing right naming my part "greenasia" - because some people
>> could get confused. It could also happen that someone else will
>> implement other greenasia device and this will make another confusion.
>
> The question is how much the protocol that is used by your device differs
> from the one that is already implemented in hid-pl.c? Would it make sense
> to have these two implementations in the same driver, or is the protocol
> just completely different?

It seems the protocol resembles more the hid-lg2ff one. The differences
are the additional 0xfa 0xfe 0x0 report sent to the device, and the
missing 0xf3 stop command.

Łukasz, I see your code implements both FF_RUMBLE and FF_CONSTANT in the
same way. If the device only supports rumble effects, then you should
only implement FF_RUMBLE.

--
Anssi Hannula