Re: New Force Feedback device support - GreenAsia 0x12

> Jiri Kosina wrote:

> >> I have rewriten the code for 2.6.28-rc6 and after testing and checking
> >> it with checkpatch I will send it again.
> >
> > Great, thanks.
> >
> >> Anyway I know that pantherlord code is also supporting greenasia devices
> >> (first code was also mostly taken from that) - and I'm still don't know
> >> if I'm dooing right naming my part "greenasia" - because some people
> >> could get confused. It could also happen that someone else will
> >> implement other greenasia device and this will make another confusion.
> >
> > The question is how much the protocol that is used by your device differs
> > from the one that is already implemented in hid-pl.c? Would it make sense
> > to have these two implementations in the same driver, or is the protocol
> > just completely different?
>
> It seems the protocol resembles more the hid-lg2ff one. The differences
> are the additional 0xfa 0xfe 0x0 report sent to the device, and the
> missing 0xf3 stop command.
>
> Łukasz, I see your code implements both FF_RUMBLE and FF_CONSTANT in the
> same way. If the device only supports rumble effects, then you should
> only implement FF_RUMBLE.

Yep - different reports are send in case of Pantherlord and GreenAsia 0x12 - It
could be implemented in it but it will require checking what hardware is used
and send different reports. So it depends on you - what is better in your
opinion ? Please note only that I have only one hardware that it will support
so it will require tests from Pantherlord/Logitech users test.

No problem with the FF_CONSTANT - I will cut off that code. I was thinking it
will be better to have it implemented and as the hardware has the same report
for both effect and it was very easy to made.