Re: New Force Feedback device support - GreenAsia 0x12

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Łukasz Lubojański wrote:

> I have implemented Force Feedback driver for another "GreeAsia" based
> device (0e8f:0012 "GreenAsia Inc.    USB Joystick     "). The
> functionality was tested with MANTA Warior MM816 and SpeedLink Strike2
> SL-6635 and fftest software - everything seems to work right.
> Is there anyone able to check the code say if this good enough to include it
> into official kernel ?

Hi,

thanks for doing this work. The HID code has been redone for 2.6.28, and
HID generic layer now provides proper kernel bus, to which the specialized
drivers should register properly. This has been done in order to keep the
code clean and maintainable, as adding all the quirks during the past
years started turning the HID code into unmaintainable mess.

Could you please rebase your patch on top of current state of Linus'
kernel tree for 2.6.28-rc? Then the code could be reviewed and I'll merge
it through my tree.
For inspiration, you can look into

	drivers/hid/hid-pl.c

That driver even contains support for some Greenasia device ... (0x0003).

Thanks!

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs