Re: Bug report for ahci-mvebu driver

On 1/31/23 16:20, marius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> January 31, 2023 1:22 AM, "Damien Le Moal" <damien.lemoal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> I sent the official patch and CC-ed you. Can I add your "Tested-by: Marius
>> Dinu <marius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" tag to the patch and queue it ?
>>
>> -- Damien Le Moal Western Digital Research
>
> Yes, I was planning to reply myself, but I'm not done testing yet. At this
> point I can only say it's working on mvebu / Armada 385. I plan to backport
> to v5.15 and test with the other router that I have (mvebu / Armada XP), a
> laptop and two x86_64 desktops, one of which has various PATA and SATA
> controllers in all sorts of weird configurations. I hope to do it all this
> weekend. Thank you for the patch!
I did testing on Intel & AMD machines with different adpaters/drives/pmp that I
have (AHCI, ASMedia and Marvell adapters). Everything was OK on my end.

The tag is for this kernel only. If backporting to 5.15 does not solve the
issue, we will need to take that separately and redo debugging on that version.
I would like to send the patch to Linus by the end of the week...

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research