Re: Bug report for ahci-mvebu driver

December 4, 2022 12:23 PM, "Pali Rohár" <pali@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What next? Should I contact David Milburn <dmilburn@xxxxxxxxxx> (the commit author) and ask for a
>> better fix?
>
> That is a good idea.

I think I'll wait for an opinion from Damien. Since the same libata-core.c works perfectly fine with sata-mv driver, but not ahci-mvebu, the problem might still be in the ahci-mvebu. The comment said: "sata_down_spd_limit should return if driver has not recorded sstatus speed". This probably means that ahci-mvebu does not record the expected "sstatus speed". I don't know what that is, but Damien probably does.

>> @ Pali Rohar:
>> I could't find the errata you mentioned. If you have it, please take a look at the commit above and
>> see if it is affected in any. Thanks.
>
> I do not have more details than what I already wrote in previous email.
>
> Errata documents are in most cases available on Marvell Customer Portal.
> You need to register for accessing them. https://www.marvell.com/portal
>
> Documents which were available publicly without registration are here:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/arm/marvell.html
> (errata for a38x was not publicly available)

There is a slim chance that I could understand them. I'm just an amateur. I did some bare-metal programming on MCUs, but the kernel is way too complicated for me.