Re: Bug report for ahci-mvebu driver

November 15, 2022 5:02 AM, "Damien Le Moal" <damien.lemoal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So something is going on at the hardware level here. The register value is
> not stable... You could try playing with the sleep interval (unsigned long
> interval = params[0];) and duration (unsigned long duration = params[1];)
> to see if anything changes. Especially try reducing and increasing interval.
> --
> Damien Le Moal
> Western Digital Research

What are the defaults? Are these defaults the same for all sata/ahci controllers? How much can I increase them? Will anything break?

What could be the cause of this? sata cable? Power source?
BTW, while doing the testing, I saw the same error with the laptop HDD. I disconnected the cable and then reconnected it, and the second time it was detected OK. Unfortunately, I wasn't capturing serial messages and I couldn't make it happen again.

Marius Dinu