Re: Some questions about new EH in libata

Fajun Chen wrote:
I assume that alt status register will be updated when pata/sata is
back online. So as an alternative and less invasive way, could I check
alt status register and start user scan only if device is ready on alt
status register? libata has ata_altstatus() function, is it available
to user space? If not, may I expose it? I'm looking for a way to check
device registers without side effects.

You can't use alt status that way. Not all controllers have them and even those which do show different behaviors over hotplug/unplugs.

Hmmm... maybe making userscan synchronous is the correct way to do it. I'll give it some thoughts.

--
tejun
-