Re: Some questions about new EH in libata

Fajun Chen wrote:
Hi Folks,

I just upgraded to the libata with new EH and I have some questions
about the new error handler:
1. In several occasions, I saw a port being disable, under what kind
of conditions will new EH disable a port?

After EH fails to recover a device. It usually takes three recovery trial failures.

2. For user space program, is there any way to checked the state of a
port/drive? I noticed that dmesg has some printout but that could be
wiped out by other traces or errors.

Hmmm... Not yet.

3. Does libata allow user space code to reset host/bus/drive or only
libata itself has the privilege? I tried sg reset IOCTL interface on
SATA Sil3124, it seems not working.

No, that doesn't work but issuing userscan forces libata to reset the channel.

4. How to reenable a port/drive after it's disabled without rebooting?
Any API or command from user space?

You can use SCSI userscan interface.

Regards.

--