Re: Request for Clarification: old - legacy - new driver model

Sh** mailer GUI ...

Hi Jean,

Hmm, this one did not reach me via gmane ... something seems to be screwed up.
> Von: Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
(...)
> > Incorporating such methods into subsystem would be much better of
> > course. Probably as a sysFs entry automatically added to every adapter
> > in /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-x
>
> Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind.

So we finally meet ;-)
As this was my goal from the very beginning, I see that I will have to express myself more clearly.

(...)

> Contributing code today doesn't bind you to maintaining said code in
> the future. You really shouldn't have to worry about this. Once your
> code is upstream, the subsystem maintainer (i.e. me for i2c) will take
> care of maintaining it. Of course if you _do_ have time in the future
> to help with maintenance or contribute more code, this will be very
> welcome, but this is in no way mandatory.

Based on this I don't see a problem.

--
Regards,
Michael