Re: S2API drivers sync

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please stop with the flames... this is ridiculous.
>
> It's true that not everybody gets along well, but it is also true that
> both of the developers that you've mentioned here are highly
> intelligent and really know how to do what they do.
>
> This is open-source development.  There is no reason to tell somebody
> to STOP working for free.
>
> These flames are the reason why the active developers that DO get
> stuff done have stopped following the mailing lists.
>
> I have my gmail set to forward mails to me that I'll find interesting,
> based on keywords and filters.  Every once in a while, I see a flame
> like this and it reminds me why I'd rather write new code than read
> about people complaining.
>
> Get over it.  The longer this keeps up, the more of an audience will
> be lost.  The amount of people that read this list is dwindling every
> day.
>
> Next time you want to flame, think twice.  You might think that you're
> making a statement, but all you're doing is pushing the developers
> away from the mailing lists.
>
> (all of the above is directed to the flamers) ...
>
> side note:
>
> Markus, you and I should definitely have a beer sometime.  I think
> we'd really get along in person.  Emails and chat suck -- you will
> never get a feel for personality that way.  Let me know next time
> you're in New York City.  I have never been to Europe, but I do hope
> to visit one day.
>
> It's snowing here in New York -- I plan to write code all weekend.
> Y'all should keep your pants on, and maybe you'll realize that there
> really is nothing to complain about.  Free work == no bitching
> allowed!
>
> /rant
>
> -Mike

Seconded.

To those of you who are dissatisfied with the speed at which device
support is coming: do what I did a year ago: learn the codebase and
start submitting patches.

This is an understaffed project done by volunteers for no money.
Being abused by users who feel they have some entitlement to having
their devices supported is unacceptable.

If you want commercial level support than I would suggest you find a
consultant that you can pay for such work.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller