Re: S2API drivers sync

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Markus Rechberger
<mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:58 PM, sinter <sinter.mann@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>> This looks like a respect email.
>>
>> No, not in any context at all!
>> It's you who ignores the sarcasm behind my words!
>> Just use your brain, austrian!
>>
>>> Best would have been if Manu wouldn't
>>> have had released
>>> any code and would just have forwarded his code to his friends they
>>> wouldn't have complained and
>>> even probably would have paid some beer and invited him for some parties.
>>
>> YES! This would have made everything easier: NOT to have persons like YOU and
>> Manu A. around here, as nobody needs anti-team working big-mouth-nut-shuts
>> here.
>>
>>> It takes time to get documentation for a certain chip, to get the
>>> agreement for it and finally to write
>>> a driver for it.
>>
>> Yesno! It also takes social behaviour to maintain written code, and if someone
>> does not respect social behaviour but claims to be chief DVB maintainer at the
>> same time then this indian person called A. is counter productive /
>> ridiculous!
>> And that's all about him.
>> We gotta get rid of people like you, Markus, and Manu A. too because you two
>> are like an incarnation of the living copounter productive pest, arenn't you?
>>
>>> As user it's certainly easier to complain about all
>>> that and think that everything's free.
>>> Even google is playing around with the content of the mails I send
>>> here and earning money by doing
>>> statistics out of that.
>>
>> Stop ranting, Austrian! Shut up man!!!!
>>

> ah this is Uwe, welcome back.

Please stop with the flames... this is ridiculous.

It's true that not everybody gets along well, but it is also true that
both of the developers that you've mentioned here are highly
intelligent and really know how to do what they do.

This is open-source development.  There is no reason to tell somebody
to STOP working for free.

These flames are the reason why the active developers that DO get
stuff done have stopped following the mailing lists.

I have my gmail set to forward mails to me that I'll find interesting,
based on keywords and filters.  Every once in a while, I see a flame
like this and it reminds me why I'd rather write new code than read
about people complaining.

Get over it.  The longer this keeps up, the more of an audience will
be lost.  The amount of people that read this list is dwindling every
day.

Next time you want to flame, think twice.  You might think that you're
making a statement, but all you're doing is pushing the developers
away from the mailing lists.

(all of the above is directed to the flamers) ...

side note:

Markus, you and I should definitely have a beer sometime.  I think
we'd really get along in person.  Emails and chat suck -- you will
never get a feel for personality that way.  Let me know next time
you're in New York City.  I have never been to Europe, but I do hope
to visit one day.

It's snowing here in New York -- I plan to write code all weekend.
Y'all should keep your pants on, and maybe you'll realize that there
really is nothing to complain about.  Free work == no bitching
allowed!

/rant

-Mike