Re: S2API drivers sync

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:43 PM, sinter <sinter.mann@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Freitag 19 Dezember 2008 18:01:40 schrieb gimli:
>> The DVB-S2 stuff smells all like a big bullshit.
>> In the first step a big hurry to get S2API in
>> the mainline kernel and now nothing at all from
>> the DVB-S2 front. This is a completly big mess
>> in my eyes.
>>
>> cu
>>
>> Edgar (gimli) Hucek
>>
>> P.S.: Childish political games which are played on
>> the shoulders of the users. Hurray, well done.
>
> Yes, Edgar, exactly: This is what the name Manu A. stands for since this guy
> was recruited as a DVB "maintainer" by Johannes Stezenbach:
>
> Kiddish political games which are played on the shoulders of the users.
> Also those kiddish games are ideal to hide the discovery of one's own personal
> mediocrity / incapability in coding issues.
>
> There are people who ask themselves why Manu A. still owes a repository at
> linuxtv.org. I guess this runs under "utilitarianism of human beings".
>
> And also: a huge mass of (inactive) nominal members looks nice for a career at
> redhat.com, doesn't it?

This looks like a respect email. Best would have been if Manu wouldn't
have had released
any code and would just have forwarded his code to his friends they
wouldn't have complained and
even probably would have paid some beer and invited him for some parties.
It takes time to get documentation for a certain chip, to get the
agreement for it and finally to write
a driver for it. As user it's certainly easier to complain about all
that and think that everything's free.
Even google is playing around with the content of the mails I send
here and earning money by doing
statistics out of that.