Re: dib0700 new i2c implementation

Hello Eduard,

2008/8/27 Eduard Huguet <eduardhc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Well, regarding the Nova-T 500 I must say that, using the current HG driver
> code and 1.10 firmware, it's pretty rock solid. I've had no USB disconnects
> nor hangs of any time since a long time ago (since lastest patches for this
> card were merged).
>
> That's the reason I'm very reluctant to use the new firmware, specially if
> the effect seems to be a constantly rebooting machine, as Nicolas Will
> described ;-). However, if the above patche solves the problems then I'll be
> very pleased to test it.

It seems that Nicholas's problems had to do with having random copies
of 1.10 in /lib/firmware.

This is about more than "does it fix my problem".  The patch I am
submitting could cause potential breakage with other devices, so I
need people who have a stable environment to test the change and make
sure it doesn't cause breakage.

Otherwise, it just gets pushed in, you do an "hg update" and all of a
sudden your environment is broken.

The patch is known to fix several problems required to get the xc5000
working with the dib0700, but I want to be sure people with a working
environment don't start seeing problems.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com