Re: dib0700 new i2c implementation

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 09:49 -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> Hello Eduard,
>
> 2008/8/27 Eduard Huguet <eduardhc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Well, regarding the Nova-T 500 I must say that, using the current HG
> driver
> > code and 1.10 firmware, it's pretty rock solid. I've had no USB
> disconnects
> > nor hangs of any time since a long time ago (since lastest patches
> for this
> > card were merged).
> >
> > That's the reason I'm very reluctant to use the new firmware,
> specially if
> > the effect seems to be a constantly rebooting machine, as Nicolas
> Will
> > described ;-). However, if the above patche solves the problems then
> I'll be
> > very pleased to test it.
>
> It seems that Nicholas's problems had to do with having random copies
> of 1.10 in /lib/firmware.
>
> This is about more than "does it fix my problem".  The patch I am
> submitting could cause potential breakage with other devices, so I
> need people who have a stable environment to test the change and make
> sure it doesn't cause breakage.
>
> Otherwise, it just gets pushed in, you do an "hg update" and all of a
> sudden your environment is broken.
>
> The patch is known to fix several problems required to get the xc5000
> working with the dib0700, but I want to be sure people with a working
> environment don't start seeing problems.

So people using the following devices should help test:

      * Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500
      * Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
      * Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick
      * TerraTec Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity
      * Emtec S830
      * Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle
      * Hauppauge myTV.t

>From
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:Making-it-work:dvb-usb-dib0700

A list of less documented devices usinf the dib0700 module is available
here:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices#DiB0700_USB2.0_DVB-T_devices

Nico