      From: "Devin Heitmueller" <devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx>
      To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:15:20 -0400
      Subject:  dib0700 new i2c implementation
      The attached patch implements the new dib0700 i2c API, which requires
      v1.20 of the firmware.  It addresses some classes of i2c problems (in
      particular the one I had where i2c reads were being sent onto the bus
      as i2c write calls)

      I would appreciate it if those with dib0700 based devices would try
      out the patch and provide feedback as to whether they have any
      problems.  I've done testing with the Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB 801e
      stick, but I don't have any other dib0700 based devices.

      Thanks to Patrick Boettcher for providing the firmware, sample code,
      and peer review of the first version of this patch.

      Regards,

      Devin

      --
      Devin J. Heitmueller
      http://www.devinheitmueller.com

Hi,
    Thanks for your work, first of all. ¿Do you think this patch might  solve the problems that seem to be appeared since the new firmware is out
with the Hauppauge Nova-T 500, like random reboots, etc... (what's ths state on this, anyway?) ?

I delayed the adoption of the new 1.20 firmware because of those problems, because I didn't want to leave the machine in a complete unusable
state...

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet