Re: dib0700 new i2c implementation

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 09:10 +0200, Eduard Huguet wrote:> >         ---------- Missatge reenviat ---------->         From: "Devin Heitmueller" <devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx>>         To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>>         Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:15:20 -0400>         Subject:  dib0700 new i2c implementation>         The attached patch implements the new dib0700 i2c API, which>         requires>         v1.20 of the firmware.  It addresses some classes of i2c>         problems (in>         particular the one I had where i2c reads were being sent onto>         the bus>         as i2c write calls)>         >         I would appreciate it if those with dib0700 based devices>         would try>         out the patch and provide feedback as to whether they have any>         problems.  I've done testing with the Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB>         801e>         stick, but I don't have any other dib0700 based devices.>         >         Thanks to Patrick Boettcher for providing the firmware, sample>         code,>         and peer review of the first version of this patch.> > Hi, >     Thanks for your work, first of all. ¿Do you think this patch might> solve the problems that seem to be appeared since the new firmware is> out with the Hauppauge Nova-T 500, like random reboots, etc... (what's> ths state on this, anyway?) ?
Sorry I for my going AWOL...
I've spending most of my time out of my country of residence for aproject these last 6 months.
Testing is a bit difficult for me. My WAF goes down when I spent part ofthe week end on the TV computer testing stuff instead of spendingquality time with the family.  Also, I do not want to leave the only TVsystem in the house in an unstable state right before leaving for atrip.
However, it seems that my problems with the 1.20 firmware were mostprobably due to leftover 1.10 files scatteredaround /lib/firmware/linux*.
I may be wrong and I did not spend much time on this, as I reverted to1.10 before boarding yet another plane.
I may have experienced a remote control issue too.
But again, I did not take the time to properly sit in front of thesystem and test things with a clear mind and some proper process.
Sorry.
Maybe this week-end.
> > I delayed the adoption of the new 1.20 firmware because of those> problems, because I didn't want to leave the machine in a complete> unusable state...
I hear you.
Nico