Re: WG: Problems with MSI Digivox Duo DVB-T USB, Ubuntu 8.04

tom wrote:
> I have checked both tuners. And I can see slighty differences. One is
> good and the other is not so good.

yes, I know that but haven't find the bug :( Tuner number 1 goes bad
(sensitivity is not good) after tuner number 2 is enabled. If I disable
tuner 2 then tuner 1 is OK. And if both tuners are enabled tuner 2 is OK.
For developer point of view it looks just like some streaming settings
are wrong...

> In addition I have tested the stick with windows. The tuning is much
> better and the picture doesn't stuck and don't brings mosaic pixels.
>
> when I switch in windows the tuners I can see with one tuner an orange
> light, with the other tuner I see a green light. green means 100 %
> channel strongness.

Hmm. looks like tuner 1 is poorer also under Windows?

> Under linux all channels do have ~ 40 %.

Those are just values, you cannot compare Windows and Linux signals
because driver reports what it reports and also software then shows what
it wants to show... Linux driver reports signal between 0-0xffff.

> My impresion is that the amplifier in the stick does not work efficient
> under linux.
> could this be a driver issue?

No, I tested almost all MXL5005S tuner driver settings and any of those
didn't help.

Antti

http://palosaari.fi/