Re: First patch for Freecom DVB-T (with RTL2831U, usb id 14aa:0160)

Mauro:

Most of the mail understood.

Can you put us into contact with the people who did the decoupling to
the tuner for for example, with saa711x ?
We could re-use some of their work, and learn from them.

A similar thing goes for the IR devices.
Currently, these sticks are shipped with 3 different IR devices, with
different (and sometimes conflicting) IR codes.

I see that there are two different mechanisms used in the drivers.

The cxusb.c driver shows how to switch based on the USB ID of the stick.

The hauppage driver, with ir-kbd-i2c.c and ir-keymaps.c shosw how to
switch based on module parameters (mechanism similar to the debug=1).

Can you tell me if there is a roadmap for this (e.g. decoupling the
mapping from the stick ID and putting the rc_query subroutines together) ?

In the next patch, I'll add a file
/linux/Documentation/dvb/README.rtl2831
with some data I got from Realtek.

--