Re: STB0899 users, please verify results was Re: TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

Manu Abraham wrote:
> Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
>> Simeon Simeonov wrote:
>>> Did you try changing line 250 in mantis_dvb.c to:
>>>                 if (!lnbp21_attach(mantis->fe, &mantis->adapter,
>>> LNBP21_PCL, LNBP21_ISEL)) {
>>>
>> I tried mantis-a9ecd19a37c9. Without the change success in
>> positioning was about 0% similarly as with multiproto-0448e5a6d8a6.
>> After this change the success in zapping between different satellite
>> positions increased to about 40% so it looks now promising and vdr
>> satellite channels are usable with some patience :^)
>

> You mean the LNBP21 attach line improved things for you by 40% ?
Yes, the LNBP21_PCL and LNBP21_ISEL additions did the improvement. By
40% I mean that about 4/10 zappings between channels in different
satellite positions are succesfull. Without this change it was very rare
to get the dish to move, the success rate was < 1/10.

> If you can really identify what is "really" unreliable, that itself
> will be a help
> to fix the issue, in most cases.
Compared to my old DVB-S card this DVB-S2 card is too unreliable for my
family to use it. There is one possible issue with vdr rotor plugin. It
would help in my case if it would set always high LNB voltage before
sending gotox command and keep it for estimated time of movent (based on
about 0.9 seconds/degree speed) before setting the voltage for the tuned
channel. The motor movement with low LNB voltage is very slow especially
in winter and I'm not absolutely sure that the failure is due to
corrupted diseqc gotox command or just too low voltage to get the motor
running. The old DVB-S card was also driving the dish at slow speed with
low LNB voltage but I need to hack the rotor code to rule out this
theory. I need to check also the LNB cable that connects to the PC that
it is still OK.

>> Which DVB-S2 multiproto driver tree should I follow for latest
>> development for TT S2-3200 (/Skystar HD)?
>
> For the SAA7146 based cards, use the multiproto tree, for the Mantis
> based
> cards, use the mantis tree.
OK, thanks. It seems there is now 10min fresh new code to try!

BR,
Seppo