Re: Strage SkyStar HD modprobe

Hi,

Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:

> about the modprobe problem: what i was tried to explain earlier is
> that when i run into that problem i can get rid of it only after 2-3
> shutdowns of my computer, i was thinking that my card is dead and then
> after the second or third power-up (using the power-up button on my
> case) modprobe started to work fine (without the strange messages in
> the logs) again.
>
> so it seems to me that what cause the modprobe problem somehow lasts
> after shutdown of the computer. is that possible? is there something
> in STB0899 (or STB6100, etc) that can hold data for short interval of
> time even after shutdown? Artem PCIID problem lasts after reboot too

Yes, I really had this kind of trouble once for now. I had to power off
the computer several times (the onboard standby power LED went off and
after a delay of about 20 seconds I've restored power). It's really
strange how this state could last that long.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx