Re: Strage SkyStar HD modprobe

Artem Makhutov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:18:05AM +0200, Joerg Knitter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a TT-budget 3200 and encounter a similar problem on Windows:
>> Switching works several times, but then, I get no signal at all before I
>> restart the system again - like if the card was dead. So this might
>> either be a hardware problem on the card itself or a general driver
>> problem on both OSes.
>> BTW.: It´s a STB0899 Rev. 2 where I thought that locking problems have
>> been solved.
>
> In windows everything is working great for me, except that my system get
> freezed after watching ~30 minutes of TV, but I don't this that this
> problem has something to do with the SkyStar HD, as the problems only
> occoured after I replaced my nVidia video card with a ATI video card.
>
> With the nVidia video card everything worked well with Windows...

@ All TT S2 3200 and Skystar HD users with and without problems.

Please test from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto again with a fresh pull/clone

There was a PLL stabilization problem, the situation was explained by Peter.
If the diagnosis was correct, the problem should be fixed. I figured out of the
explanations i received, probably this would be a most probable reason.

There are three other cases, but one of the other cases would mean
resoldering the STB0899, but try this change for an initial test, before
anything else.

Please test.

Thanks,
Manu