Re: ATI Theatre 650 card support?

Hello,

On 10/14/07, CityK <CityK@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Baha Baydar wrote
>
> > I've searched through the archives looking for any updates for support
> > for the ATI theatre 650 chipset/cards and haven't found much.
> >
> > Has the recent release of video card documentation from AMD/ATI given
> > any indication that other chipset support is in the works?
> >

> I don't think anyone is working on support -- there are three missing
> pieces of documentation: that for the tuner in the Samsung module, the
> 31x demod, & the 650 IC

Figures... I wonder if more support will be forthcoming with the
release of the new batch of 650 based cards and USB devices.  (from an
mythTV list posting:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3124)

> > Has the recent release of video card documentation from AMD/ATI given
> > any indication that other chipset support is in the works?
> >

> No idea.

I guess I can hope for the best, and start emailing ATI/AMD in the meantime.

> > Also, this page
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_650 asks what
> > the two chips next to the PCI connector are. On my card (P/N:
> > 102A6980111 000001) the two chips are labelled:
> >
> > P15C
> > 16211AE
> >

> Thanks for the ID and update to the wiki page!

No problem. Figured I should put my money where my mouth is and
actually help out. :-)

--
Baha Baydar                      http://www.hyperion.org
bbaydar@xxxxxxxxx           http://www.aztekrally.org