Re: Strage SkyStar HD modprobe

On 10/15/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:

> >> You get a consistent LOCK on DVB-S
> >>
> >> Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: Delivery system DVB-S/DSS
> >> Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: _stb0899_read_reg: Reg=[0xf50d], data=18
> >> Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: --------> FE_HAS_CARRIER | FE_HAS_LOCK
> >> Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: _stb0899_read_reg: Reg=[0xf58c], data=18
> >> Oct 14 11:13:27 debian kernel: stb0899_read_status: --------> FE_HAS_VITERBI | FE_HAS_SYNC
> >>

> >> Regards to the modprobe problem, can you please outline it a bit more ?
> >> I am not following what you mean here.
> >>

> > usually i get about 80% successful locks with DVB-S (the logs are in
> > http://xkodi.svobodno.com/stb0899/nrjhits.tar.gz) and 90% successful
> > locks with DVB-S2 (the logs are in
> > http://xkodi.svobodno.com/stb0899/pro7hd.tar.gz), but from time to
> > time i get "FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out" message
> > and when that message shows i get significant drop in successful locks
> > - only 9 successful locks out of 20 tries (the logs are in
> > http://xkodi.svobodno.com/stb0899/nrjhits_diseqc.tar.gz), so i'm
> > wondering what "FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out"
> > means and why it shows and affects so badly the locking ability
>
> Ok. Can you please test initially without a diseqc. Let's get the odd man out
> first and see from start.

hi Manu,

the thing is that i'm not using diseqc at all, i'm doing "szap -t 0 -x
$chan_name" when i get those "FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection
timed out" messages, so it's quite odd situation - i, Artem and
Reinhard all have the modprobe problem, only i have the
"FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out" problem and only
Artem has that PCIID problem.

about the modprobe problem: what i was tried to explain earlier is
that when i run into that problem i can get rid of it only after 2-3
shutdowns of my computer, i was thinking that my card is dead and then
after the second or third power-up (using the power-up button on my
case) modprobe started to work fine (without the strange messages in
the logs) again.

so it seems to me that what cause the modprobe problem somehow lasts
after shutdown of the computer. is that possible? is there something
in STB0899 (or STB6100, etc) that can hold data for short interval of
time even after shutdown? Artem PCIID problem lasts after reboot too

best wishes,
konstantin