Re: KNC1 DVB-S CI?

I have one KNC DVB-S card, and 3 Cineview decoders + flat-cables; none
of them seem to work.

Without any CAM module inserted, FTA reception is OK.

But when I insert an official Mediaguard Canal Digitaal, or Aston Seca2
1.7, in both cases all data stops, including FTA channels (BVN);
sometimes FTA comes back after a minute or so.

dmesg shows that the CAM is being detected and initialized succesfully
though. I am starting to think that perhaps there is a problem with my
KNC DVB-S card ...?

My setup is Gentoo linux-2.6.21.r4 plus Kaffeine; also tried 2.6.16.r13
and 2.6.19 (vanilla), without succes.

Can you tell me what kernel version you are using? And are you using
included dvb-drivers, or did you download the latest version?

I would like to test the exact same setup; if that still gives problems
then I have no option but to try and get another KNC1 card I guess.

Tia,

Z.

=======