Re: KNC1 DVB-S CI?

P. van Gaans wrote:
> e9hack wrote:
>> P. van Gaans wrote:
>>
>>> Some more news. I'm now looking at dvb_ca_en50221.c and I'm pretty sure
>>> the solution is in here and not in budget-av.c. Somewhere around line
>>> 270 is a thing that loops in a while and breaks after timeout. I removed
>>> the break (so it keeps looping). Now I see the following when I insert a
>>> CAM:
>>>
>>> [   71.764000] budget-av: cam inserted A
>>> [   82.144000] dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(
>>>
>>> So at least there's no more infinite loop with ejected-inserted-ejected
>>> and so on. But it doesn't work either. It reaches
>>> DVB_CA_SLOTSTATE_WAITREADY and times out there. From there it should
>>> automatically change state, but it doesn't. Now I'm getting a little
>>> stuck, because I don't really know what it's doing and what piece really
>>> gets stuck.
>>>
>>> I also removed the timeout from slotstate_waitready, now I don't get
>>> errors anymore, but it (of course) doesn't work. And I broke the ability
>>> to eject the CAM, I'm guessing it's stuck in a loop after I ejected and
>>> re-inserted the CAM.
>>>
>> It seems, there is a little bug within the debi functions. If a debi error occurs, SPCI_DEBI_S is not reset within PSR.
>> In this case, saa7146_wait_for_debi_done returns always ETIMEDOUT. Ttpci_budget_debiread/write doesn't upload a debi
>> command anymore. For testing, you can remove the first 'return result;' statement in both functions.
>>
>> - Hartmut

> I just booted my computer into Windows so I could at least watch TV
> tonight. Guess not, the Windows software responds like there is no CAM
> inserted at all.
>
> Please don't tell me I completely killed the card just by removing some
> timeouts! I didn't know my hardware could be at risk :( . I wonder if
> it's really dead :( .

Things take a whole new turn. Apparently something went wrong with the
cable to the CI daughterboard, after re-connecting it the card worked
again in Windows. Now for Linux, with once again the normal v4l-dvb (not
my modified version):

[  253.420000] budget-av: cam inserted B
[  256.384000] dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised
successfully

Ok! Kaffeine says:

DvbCam::probe(): LLCI slot found on /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
DvbCam::probe(): CA module present on /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0

But... No picture (and no, no sound either). No error visible. I'm now
100% sure the hardware is OK since it works on Windows now. And the
messages in Linux make you think it should work here as well. But no
picture?

Tia,

P. van Gaans